Monday, November 21, 2011

Just a mini rant

Lately on networking sites like facebook, I keep seeing the same damn thing happening. Multiple things actually, and it's probably the reason I try to keep my refreshed page on an app, rather than the feed, so I don't have to look at it. By pretending it's not there it is gone, just like throwing a blanket over a messy pile, it's still there. But you can't freaking see it..so it's all good!

One of the things are those melodramatic, depressing song lyrics people post in their statuses every five minutes. I get it. You are online now, and possibly sad, depressed or lonely. I get it, I really do. But, I don't need to see it every time I refresh the page. And when people comment on those types of status' knowing something is wrong with so-and-so who originally posted it, but the OP just says, 'oh it's nothing, don't worry about it' or 'pm me and I'll tell you' it just tells me you are an attention seeking person.

I know it may be hypocritical of me to bash this, when I myself post lyrics, but I don't do it every day, every minute on these god forsaken sites. And when I do post lyrics, it's usually just for my one friend to try and guess the song, or it has something to do with an 'inside joke'. A bit nerdy, but at least I'm not trying to be the center of attention with depressing lyrics that are all 'woe is me'. sure you may have broken up with your boyfriend, but really, really. Because I know the first thing I do after a break up is go post obvious lyrics in my status, trying to show the pain and suffering I am going through. Honestly, I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the only one who is mentally saying, 'get the fuck of facebook.' Go swallow a tub of ice cream instead. Just as bad, but at least you aren't making yourself to be a tool on facebook.

The same thing that goes for those TBH posts. 'Like for a tbh.' To be honest I don't think those posts are honest at all. All you are doing is trying to save face. It's an opportunity to get in good with people by being a two faced sycophant. From every single TBH I have seen on facebook, all I have ever seen were people being butt kissers. When in reality you could hate or envy that person, you're just trying to not look like the supreme bitch. Which is probably another reason why I don't post those. I mean, really. If someone I dislike likes the status, I'm not going to overwhelm them with compliments just to boost their egos. Maybe I'll say something I do like about them, but otherwise if I don't like you, your to be honest won't be that nice or as honest as you thought it was going to be.

Sorry for the rant, just want to get that out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment