Friday, July 22, 2011

in the kitchen

I finally remembered why I hate cooking/baking, but still love it at the same time. The answer is simple.

Waiting.

Usually, I wait until I am hungry to make something, and I grow so impatient while I am cooking something, which is why I primarily stake to baking now, so at least I've eaten something to settle the rumbles in my stomach.

Last night was no different. We literally had nothing I wanted to eat, since I am trying to vow off eating buckets of grease. all our meat had been frozen, or was in the process of being made into something for another day, and we had fruit for smoothies as well as salad dressing.

But, one thing I do like is rice. Lots..and lots of rice. I'm not sure where I get it from, but I'm sure it has some influence from my dad's wife, my step-mom Lolita. So last night, while on my laptop at the kitchen table with my stomach growling away I was just sifting through possibilities of what to cook that will keep me filled. And, what other to make than stir fry?



It is healthy, so long as you don't drown the veggies in soy sauce, you can pt it with brown rice..and it makes for good photos. And photo opportunities are always nice! To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing while making this stir fry, but it turned out delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment